Até Mais, Lisbon

Peter Korsten EMAIL HIDDEN
Sat Jun 14 22:05:13 CEST 2008

Martin Naef schreef:

> True - and IMHO the source of a lot of problems we have at the moment.
> With the disconnection between "politics" and the daily life, people
> adopt the attitude that they can't change anything, hence are not
> responsible themselves, and therefore stop caring about the society as a
> whole.

All in all, though, I find it frustrating. In my native Netherlands, I
see how this idea has taken place, and you see the voters veering
towards both the left and the right extreme of the political spectrum.
And they are for sure not explaining, they're just providing the answers
you want to hear.

And populism is taking root all across the spectrum. The Netherlands are
heading quickly to what the UK did with Blair coming to power, and the
USA years before that.

Quite frankly, I hardly recognise the country I left less than eight
years ago.

- Peter