Just felt like putting together a mix of fairly unknown music...

Martin Naef EMAIL HIDDEN
Sat Jun 14 13:04:30 CEST 2008

Hi Jay

Jay Vaughan wrote:
>> Ahhh, fun! I recently tried some ultra-miniature helicopters at a
>> friend's place (I think they were the Sky Challenger from the same
>> manufacturer). They're horribly difficult to control properly (very

> yeah i've had a few rounds on these as well, they're terribly
> dissatisfying to every 12 year old i've seen try to fly them, and for
> me, way too twitchy.  just like a real helicopter!  but after an hour
> or so you can get the flow down pretty well .. the important thing is
> to calibrate before departure.

Yeah. I also managed to get the hang of them after a while, but in a
crowded living room (after a couple glasses of wine) it was still a bit
more miss than hit...

> i've always had RC planes in the background of my activities-plan and
> now that they're so high tech and cheap, its a lot of fun.  i get as

True. I was seriously tempted when I realised how cheap they had become.
The nervous nature of those tiny planes put me off the idea a bit, but I
might reconsider...

> much pleasure out of my cheap little toy as i used to get out of the
> bigger kits that took way too long to build and were far more
> fragile.  the silverlit products are awesome for handling damaging

I imagine... My planes certainly spent more time on the workbench than
in the air.

>> but decided to stay with boats in
>> the meantime (I'm currently building that one:
>> http://www.modelspot.com/cc/milford.htm)

> awesome!  if i had a large body of water nearby i'd do the same ..

The bathtub? ;-) Actually, the fun with boats is mostly in the building.
While taking them for a sail on the pond is a highly relaxing, almost
meditative activity, it's really the evenings spent on the workbench
that make them worthwhile.

Bye
Martin