For f's sake...

The Dong EMAIL HIDDEN
Wed Jun 11 21:34:24 CEST 2008

Jay Vaughan wrote:
> You can recalibrate it .. check this: http://wiki.eeeuser.com/

Although I admire your gallant effort to assist this obvious Linux dough
ball, I could not find anything in your link with 'calibrate' in it.
I've been in xorg.conf and adjusted the synaptics left threshold
settings etc. but it had no effect. About 10mm x 15mm of the left upper
quadrant of the touchpad is a fail. It jumps about 2" across the screen
whenever your finger strays there rendering the thing unusable due to
eventually throwing it off a wall in frustration.
I've also booted two different live linux distros with the same results.

Normally I wouldn't complain about a small fault, but with such a small
pad in the first place it is impossible to avoid the bad area. And I'm
not opening it up on day 1, nor blasting it with a hair-drier like some
crazy warped stylist gone UMPC. With my recent run of luck, I'd either
damage something else as well as not be able to fix what I already know
now is a faulty touchpad and not a feature :)

It's assigned an RMA and will be collected at no expense tomorrow (after
complaining about the 0871 number honeypot RMA coldline, if you know
what I mean. I guess the German companies have some standards left
unfettered)

;)