On this WWDC day

Andy Tarpinian EMAIL HIDDEN
Wed Jun 11 18:28:46 CEST 2008

On Jun 11, 2008, at 2:32 AM, Peter Korsten wrote:

> Joost Schuttelaar schreef:
>
>> Dude, they sold 6 million of 'em :)
>
> So why are they introducing a new model after only a year, with some
> features (but still not all) that it should have had in the first
> place,
> at one third of the price?

Because everyone was screaming their ass off for a 3G model from the
beginning. And on surveys the number one reason people said they did
not have an iPhone was the cost. Obviously these are fixes but that
does not mean the first one has to be a failure for one improve on
their product quickly.

I'm still curious on what the features are that it needs to make it
complete in your eyes. The keyboard thing is a matter of preference,
and we are starting to see the benefit as in 2.0 there are soft
keyboards for each language, including a feature that will let you
draw chinese letters on the screen. My only major qualm is copy/paste,
but my windows smartphone didn't have that either!

But lets not forget the things the iPhone can be that other phones
don't come close to, like a game platform!

http://news.zdnet.com/2422-13568_22-205261.html

Video quality is a bit crap so here is a still also

http://tinyurl.com/5yzz46