first music-bar live video

Gert van Santen EMAIL HIDDEN
Tue Jun 10 09:46:18 CEST 2008

Kim Johnsson schreef:
> Peter Korsten wrote:
>
>> I don't get gear lust very often, but that Stick...

I got GAS the first moment I heard Tony Levin play the stick on
Peter Gabriel's albums. When I saw it live, I was sold. I only
bought one about 2 years ago. Had to wait 9 months before I
finally got it - there's sort of a waiting list at Stick
Enterprises...

> Love that Sound. Is that how it sounds "straight from the box", or was
> it altered somehow? Don't know anything about the Stick, really.

I used a Korg Pandora for a bit of compression, phaser and delay.
No EQ or other "tricks": the stick really does have that deep,
clear sound.
Perry uses tc electronix delay and reverb, a Marshall compressor,
an ElectroHarmonix flanger (a real 1981 model!) plus an Ibanex
tube screamer (I think).
Soren used my ES-1 with home sampled Jomox drum samples (my old
and sold Airbase 99) and some selected samples from NI Battery kits.
We recorded straight into the computer through a Mackie mixer
with some compression (Behringer) delay and reverb (Lexicon Alex)
on the vocals

The challenge was to make a completely new song in 2-3 hours. We
recorded it live in one go. No mastering. This is how it sounded
in the "studio".

> Also, that Tony Levin hairstyle makes perfect sense.

A lot of stick players prefer that style - they wouldn't want to
have their hair entangled in all those strings... ;-)

--

:-)

G e r t  v a n  S a n t e n