On this WWDC day

Tony Scharf EMAIL HIDDEN
Tue Jun 10 01:09:48 CEST 2008

On Mon, Jun 9, 2008 at 4:53 PM, Andy Tarpinian <evildead at nyc.rr.com> wrote:

> What are you referring to? I believe ActiveStink was mentioned during
> the presentation.

ActiveSync is how they are trying to handle the enterprise sync issue.
 Its microsofts attempt at push technology akin to what my blackberry
does.

We tried to implement it at work before we committed to using
blackberry enterprise server.  It was horrible.  every phone we tested
it with ran out of juice really fast with it on.  You could reduce the
number of checks the phone does to the mail (it really is not a push
technology - the phone has to initiate everything) but then you could
end up with long delays before delivery (not something you want for
your IT department).

> It's like having an Exchange server for your email, contacts/calendar,
> photos, and files - with 20gigs space plus a really nice web interface
> for 8.25 a month.

yeah....Google does that free.  I use it everyday (in fact, even right now..).

It works very well, and it costs nothing.

Tony