new toys

Andrew Robinson EMAIL HIDDEN
Fri Jun 6 12:11:35 CEST 2008

On Fri, Jun 6, 2008 at 10:50 AM, Chris Strellis <Chris at crystalvision.tv> wrote:
> Awesome album. PPG etc :D It is so Germanic (errr...that's a good thing
> in my book)
>
> IIRC they list mastering errors with times on the booklet too like
> static clicks and vocal pops.

yes, and they didn't try to 'fix' them when the 5.1 surround sound
version was released on SACD a few years back either, which I approve
of... not that I've ever heard the SACD on a SACD player, but I'm an
obsessive enough ZTT fan to have bought it for the remastered stereo
version that you get if you put it in a normal player!

My reference cd of choice is from the same Horn/Lipson/ZTT stable, but
a year or two later when they were using the Synclavier more heavily
and had even huger budgets for gear, the album "Slave to the Rhythm"
by Grace Jones. I prefer the music on 'A Secret Wish', but the
production and recording clartity on 'Slave' is simply amazing.

- Andy_R