UK Government Petition to lower fuel prices

Tony Scharf EMAIL HIDDEN
Fri Jun 6 03:26:30 CEST 2008

> So the planet will be fine, but we'll take 90% of all species with us
> and 80% of the flora diversity..
>
> But the planet will survive ;)

Something I always think about when people lament that we take so many
species with us, is that 99.9% of all species that ever lived on the
earth have gone extinct.  and 99.999999999% of those were well before
we had anything to say about it..

There werent always whales or dolphins or polar bears just like there
werent always humans and there once was dinosaurs.

Nature is very brutal.  If one species cannot compete with the species
around it, it is eliminated, and its niche filled by something that
can survive.  Right now, we are in the situation that , at least thus
far, nothing has found a way to contain us.  We are a top level
predator that has is completely unchecked.    Our environment is
overburdened by our existence.  We really are like a young adult that
cant/wont leave home.  We are are right at that spot where we will
either grow up, leave home and go make something of ourselves..or we
are going to snuff ourselves right out.

Either way...the universe will figure it out.

Tony