Don't take everything they force down your throat...

Gert van Santen EMAIL HIDDEN
Thu Jun 5 16:04:03 CEST 2008

I'm not really a political person, but recently I listen to a lot
of radio shows on, let us say, "interesting subjects".

Just read a good thing, perhaps also concerning the discussion on
topics like oil prices and such:

"Adults need to recapture the childlike joy and power of saying
'no.' The words most feared by those in authority are 'I won't.'
Individuals with the habit of obedience may need to start by
saying 'no' on small matters like refusing to fill in racial
information on application forms. They may be shocked by how
difficult it is to say 'I won't' even to petty demands. But the
difficulty is a sign of how important it is. Only when a person
is able to say 'no' can he say 'yes' and have the word mean more
that the obedient response of a servant. 'Yes' is properly the
affirmation of a free man."

http://www.redicecreations.com/article.php?id=3934
--

:-)