UK Government Petition to lower fuel prices

Tony Scharf EMAIL HIDDEN
Thu Jun 5 15:44:07 CEST 2008

Over stateside, the price of gas has been climbing (though
historicaly, we have always enjoyed cheaper fuel).  Its causing all
sorts of ruckus, political and social.  one interesting thing I have
noted is that car manufacturers are, for the first time, touting the
fuel efficiency of their vehicles and trying to 'one up' each other on
that spec.  They are trimming back production of big trucks and SUV's
in favor of smaller, lighter and more efficient vehicles.

As far as public trans goes, every city/region in the states has its
own transportation authority of one flavor or another.  The system in
NYC is pretty amazing - to the point where owning a car makes little
sense if you live in the city.  Chicago is, unfortunately, not so nice
but its very workable.

For myself, Angela and I moved last November to a spot where I walk 3
blocks to a metra commuter train, and she works from home.  we somehow
miraculously dodged the fuel bullet thats hitting everyone here pretty
hard.

Tony