UK Government Petition to lower fuel prices

EMAIL HIDDEN EMAIL HIDDEN
Thu Jun 5 13:43:53 CEST 2008

MArtin,

> Increased transport costs means that local products become more
> competitive, creating jobs right in your neighborhood instead of China.

increased transport costs means local over priced 'organic' food is the
only choice. It doesn't make it more competitive.
Sorry £3 for a local organic loaf of bread versus 37p
non-organic-driven-by-lorry loaf isn't a difficult choice for me.

> I mean, why is the lamb shank from New Zealand half the price than the
> Scottish equivalent? It's not like there'd be a lack of sheep around
> here... So obviously transport is still cheap.

Que?
The reason their lamb is cheaper is that they have more.
That, and the UK people change for local produce as premium because it's a
"lifestyle choice" and currently in fashion.
It has ZIP to do with fuel costs.

Paul