Hot Sauce

Niall Munnelly EMAIL HIDDEN
Thu Jun 5 11:49:19 CEST 2008

Get a good fistful {or two, depending on your tastes} of
your favorite chili peppers, juice from one lime, some white vinegar,
sea salt, half a head of garlic and three shallots.

Fuck it all into a bowl and have at it with a stick blender.
Stop when it's all liquified. Go easy on the salt, and add vinegar to taste.  I like a tart, vinegary sauce, myself.  It's a hot sauce, not a salsa, so be prepared to add a lot for a good liquid sauce.  If you add too much salt, then you can redress it with more lime juice and shallots.

The shallots and lime really tie it all together.

I make this once or twice a week, with the only variable
being the peppers I use.  Scotch bonnets for private
consumption, medium chili peppers for shared.  It will taste
a bit "green" at first, but it ages beautifully.  Even a day
makes a big difference.

--
Yours,
Niall.