Freaky Gear: SMART Hybrid

Peter Korsten EMAIL HIDDEN
Mon Jun 2 21:58:00 CEST 2008

The Dong schreef:

> I've already mentioned them...
> A small diesel should get up to around 70mpg, as long as you don't drive
> like a knob end. I've seen it with my own eyes (a Nissan)

That's a Renault engine, then. Personally, I don't like diesel; it's
good for buses, trucks, trains and boats, but it lacks a certain appeal.
On the other hand, it's not a luxury we'll be able to afford much longer.

Hydrogen engines seem to have lost the momentum they had a few years
ago, and even ethanol has its drawbacks if it means that whole swats of
rainforest gets cut down, or that food prices rise.

Unfortunately, public transport here is just not an option.

- Peter