what an ass, I have a serious gear issue...

James R. Coplin EMAIL HIDDEN
Wed Jul 30 22:11:50 CEST 2008

> you're kidding me .. all you gotta do is say "from now on, only DIY
> gear"

I do a ton of that as well! That's actually become a bigger financial issue
as there is just so much outstandingly cool projects coming out in DIY
format these days.  It really is a golden age for the do-it-yourselfer.
Unfortunately, that typically means jumping in as soon as its announced or
missing out.  You generally don't get a second shot.  The other downside is
that means I have projects piling up faster than I can assemble and debug.
Typically, DIY is more of a winter thing for me.  I live in Minnesota so
anything after October pretty much completely sucks until May again. Plenty
of time to inhale solder fumes.

James R. Coplin