Arduino questions

Martin Naef EMAIL HIDDEN
Mon Jul 28 17:06:50 CEST 2008

Paul,

paul.maddox.mail-list at synth.net wrote:
>> One thing to note: The Arduino versions based on the SMD form-factor
>> AVRs offer 8 analog inputs, whereas the DIP ones have 6.
>
> ahhhh, worth knowing, thanks.

Indeed. The pins are not as easily accessible on some Arduinos, though -
but that should never stop anybody with basic soldering skills...

> Agreed, I'd like it to prove ideas about midi controllers, aything that
> becomes 'permanent' I'll just build a special PCB for. but for prototyping
> this will be handy.

Exactly my approach. Though I found that for anything that doesn't
require the USB or bluetooth port, it's almost as easy to just put a
bare AVR onto a breadboard and run it off the internal oscillator, doing
the programming through the ISP. Saves some space and money (space was
relevant for the R/C ship stuff I've done...)

Martin

--
http://www.navisto.ch
http://www.myspace.com/navisto