channel strips

Tony Scharf EMAIL HIDDEN
Mon Jul 21 23:38:12 CEST 2008

On Mon, Jul 21, 2008 at 4:26 PM, James R. Coplin <james at ticalun.net> wrote:
> I love my mixer-free setup.  I'd never go back to the external mixer myself.
> What exactly is troubling you?
>
> James R. Coplin

Cost and simplicity.. I dont have *that much* outboard gear any more,
but just enough to require a pretty hefty investment. It also seams
that if I am going to have analog outboard, then I am still going to
be dealing with a patch bay anyway.

Also, there is the cost/quality issue - It may be better to have two
really ace input channels than 24 that are just ok.  I am starting to
believe in that school of thought more and more as I get a chance to
experiment with high-end outboard.  I will admit to not really being
able to distinctly here the difference on a single track, but I have
noticed that mixing multiple tracks that have been processed in this
individual way makes for better/easier mixing.

Tony