Delia Derbyshire Early Dance track

Tony Hardie-Bick EMAIL HIDDEN
Mon Jul 21 16:29:30 CEST 2008

Chris Strellis wrote:
> A throwaway experiment by electronic musician Delia Derbyshire
> anticipated the beats of dance music more than three decades before they
> became fashionable.
>
> http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/7512490.stm
>
> She was a genius wasn't she....

Saw this yesterday...

Pretty amazing. Also shows how perception is affected by context, although, my
feeling is this was genius rather than luck. Also, that "experimental dance
music" has some timeless qualities that have less to do with "drugs of choice"
and more to do with the same stuff Bach et al were messing with. And people
thousands of years before anything we know about, and, thousands of years from now.

If we could just get rid of this need to conform, then there would probably be
one or two more Delia Derbyshires about, but, only one or two ;)

Tony (HB)