On the iPhone Beatmaker tip: PSP Rhythm 8.0 released July 4, 2008

komatos EMAIL HIDDEN
Fri Jul 18 15:44:40 CEST 2008

Version 8.0 of PSP Rhythm was released on Independence Day in the US.  PSP
Rhythm is a cool, free homebrew music application sequencer for PSP's
running custom firmware (CFW).  It runs on Fat and Slim PSPs, and custom
firmware based on the 1.5 kernal and newer kernals like 4.01M33-2.

Now that I no longer have any hardware gear (other than my M-Audio Axiom 49
controller keyboard), this is the closest I can get to making music on
hardware.  It's also great for on-the-go beat composing.  With version 8,
the PSP Rhythm crew have streamlined the user interface to make it alot more
easy for neophyte beat makers like me to get grooves going quick.  If you've
got a PSP running custom firmware (or are thinking of putting CFW on your
PSP), check it out at http://www.psprhythm.com.

Sorry for this sounding like advertising copy for them.  I just wanted to
spread the word on a cool piece of software that is in the same vein as the
portable iPhone beatmaker type.

--komatos/wasted

P.S. I've repackaged my original Yamaha RY20 sample set I created for the
Yamaha RS7000 in standard 44.1KHz, 16Bit, Stereo .WAV (or was it
.AIF) format so that users of PSP Rhythm or any hardware or software music
program can import them.  Feel free to download them from my homepage if
you're interested: http://home.comcast.net/~komatos/