Focusrite Liquid Mix Opinions?

punkdISCO EMAIL HIDDEN
Mon Jul 14 21:48:27 CEST 2008

Hi James - I have a LM. Firstly I would ecstatic about it. Now Im not so..

Prob 1
======
Too much firkin choice!  I don't need or want 40 compressors/30 EQs (or
whatever it is). They are all frickin ace but, too much choice means I never
get to know any of them. Sure, if I had more self constraint, I would choose
2 or 3 and stick with them.  Im trying this approach so perhaps my views
will change.

Prob 2
======
Interface. They look shite. As you know, each one has a standard interface.
This is not sexy. I want a SSL pluggin to look like a SSL strip. This
becomes a practical problem when you go back to tracks and you don't have a
clue what model you are using without reading the tiny title. If it looked
like a SSL, you would know instantly.

I mix totally in the box so this stuff is vital for me. As mentioned, I
would go for just the Wave stuff if I had my money back.  Failing this, I
would most likely go for whatever off the shelf package gave me a couple of
nice compressors, EQs, a bus compressor, plus a few thrilly effects.

Sorry if this stuff has not been very decisive. Whatever you go for
(Waves/LM/UA/Duende) they are all incredibly authentic so it really just
comes down to personal preferences about how you want to work and how much
dosh you have.

Cool stuff - let us know what you go for.

PS: the LM is amazing so don't let the above put you off, and in terms of
value there is NO competition.  Just for me the interface is
un-invigorating..

Paul
London
www.punkdisco.co.uk
Banned by YouTube video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1EvlOpBe0xU
"thats mental! and rather fkin ace too! cheers! dick subhumans"