Focusrite Liquid Mix Opinions?

James Green EMAIL HIDDEN
Mon Jul 14 10:35:58 CEST 2008

> > Duende ... I have 2 of them now and 1 PCIe card version!
> >
> > The duende unit is just jaw droppingly good.  Now the other
> plugins
> > are out, things like drum strip (incredible) X-EQ and
> X-Comp ... The
> > toolset on this platform keeps growing and the quality is just
> > amazing.  The X-EQ has to be seen/played with to really
> appreciate ...
>
> How much is the 32 channel upgrade? It says in the copywrite
> that you
> can use it on up to 16 mono channels, I suppose this simply
> scales to
> 8 stereos?

Indeed ... 16 mono = 8 stereo

> How much do the extra plugins cost? I haven't seen them at
> any dealer's.

With the unit you get the bus comp and EQ, things like drumstrip, X-Comp and X-EQ are extras.  Drumstrip is the dogs bollox.

They vary in price from £250 to £300 for the plugins.  You can see the prices on the SSL site here.

> I am looking into the Duende thingee too, since a friend of mine
> decided to sell his Liquid Mix.

That's not a good review is it ...

> He replaced it with a Powercore though, and mostly for the (very
> expensive, but also very expensive souding) Tube Tech CL 1B
> Compressor/
> Limiter which does some amazing things to some signals. We have used
> it on vocals and drums with incredible results.

I've not heard this plugin for myself but I've heard a lot of good things about it.

> it's something like 700 EUR and if you use your 500 EUR voucher you
> get with the powercore it's absolutely worth it.

700 EUR for a plugin is daylight robbery, no matter how good it is.

Jammer