iphone g3 launch in holland.. watch it live

Don't t(h)read on my tentacles, Earthling! EMAIL HIDDEN
Sat Jul 12 20:44:16 CEST 2008

Le 12 juil. 08 à 16:08, Peter Korsten a écrit :

>> btw, the forthcoming law to defend copyrights here is about to kill
>> all free wifi networks, FON etc. And the worse part: we're trying to
>> sell it to the EU… :( Remind me to get rid of my government fast.
>
> What's the rationale behind that? I would be concerned about
> security with free wi-fi networks (so are you just going to trust
> the DNS server that DHCP assigned to you?), but copyright law is a
> new angle for me.

Well, they are enforcing you have to control fully your net access,
even with filtering (they try…)… You are responsible of any frauds
made from your IP, even if securing a wi-fi or faking an IP is a
piece of cake. The fact filtering on the ISP/access point side can be
bypass is ignored, as the fact wifi is heasily hackable.

We were already responsible but with enough room left to make a point
technically, the way this one is written, very specific, it's dead.
We'll see but for FON, and all free wi-fi networks it smell fishy.
Bye bye free wi-fi in Paris courtesy of the city…

Denis H]
L'informatique, c'est pas au point