iphone g3 launch in holland.. watch it live

Peter Korsten EMAIL HIDDEN
Sat Jul 12 16:08:54 CEST 2008

From: "Don't t(h)read on my tentacles,Earthling!" <lepetitmartien at 440network.com>

>Le 12 juil. 08 à 00:07, Peter Korsten a écrit :
>
>> Wimax is another issue, but I've seen how well Wimax works in an
>> urban environment, and quite frankly it sucks. I've been trying
>> intermittently to get the damn thing to work properly, but it's not
>> worth my time. And it would save me €40 a month, so that's no joke.
>
>I really look forward for it, as it's the only way I'll ever have
>some net connection in the family cabin up in the Alps

Oh, it will work great in such environments. But to introduce it in the most densly populated country in Europe (short of Monaco and the Holy See, which don't really count) is perhaps not the best of ideas.

>And it's coming so slowly
 even worse than fiber to home
 (already in
>my building, I wait till my fav ISP can access to it as my cable
>operator who owns it should burn in hell)

I'm waiting for my employer to start offering ADSL next to Wimax, and that should solve it. I wouldn't want to say that the company I work for should burn in hell, though. :)

>btw, the forthcoming law to defend copyrights here is about to kill
>all free wifi networks, FON etc. And the worse part: we're trying to
>sell it to the EU
 :( Remind me to get rid of my government fast.

What's the rationale behind that? I would be concerned about security with free wi-fi networks (so are you just going to trust the DNS server that DHCP assigned to you?), but copyright law is a new angle for me.

- Peter

Sent via the WebMail system at nextweb.net.mt