One good thing about Bluetooth

The Dong EMAIL HIDDEN
Fri Jul 11 19:26:04 CEST 2008

My new 100m cheapo V2.0+EDR dongle works fine.
I've fiddled recently with other USB devices (USB to Serial and a Wifi
dongle) to hack new hardware VID&PID's into them, knowing compatible
chipsets et. al. You know what that does ;)

Well. I was shocked at how generic nearly all Bluetooth dongles are,
with limits put on the DRIVER software being across the board to prevent
the average Joe putting X manufacturers software on a cheapo competitors.

Even better, there is this little nugget:

http://www.remote-exploit.org/research/busting_bluetooth_myth.pdf

Ho hum.
Off I go... ;)

There are a few reasons I'm going to hack this dongles vendor string,
the main one being so it works in Linux without fuss (Back Track 3
doesn't seem to like the default vendor ID, but should work?)

Doh!