iphone g3 launch in holland.. watch it live

Andy Tarpinian EMAIL HIDDEN
Fri Jul 11 17:31:33 CEST 2008

On Jul 11, 2008, at 10:57 AM, Jay Vaughan wrote:

>>> But why would I want to pay $399 for a phone with 2.5G? Thats .5
>>> less
>> G. Ridiculous.
>> _
>

> I think this demonstrates that cell connectivity is becoming less and
> less important to people than wlan ..

Aside from my joke, to me honestly having the 3g is important. I live
in NYC one would think oh tons of wifi, maybe, but not really, and not
when you need it. The reason I want connectivity on my phone is not to
access it at home or work or at a friends house*. It's to use on the
go, hey I'm in a store and want to check a review, or best price, or
look up a recipe, or a movie, get directions, check an email, figure
out the airspeed velocity of an unladen swallow, or you get the point.
At this point the internet is so full of good stuff that it has become
the "other" part of our brain, the phone is just a little screen that
I carry around to access that database, and I want it on demand.

*Was at my girlfriends place the other day and her mom was visiting.
She got a call that a cat she was cat sitting somehow got caught up in
sticky cricket traps all over and had to be taken to the vet. The vet
was concerned that the cat might be poisoned and wanted to know the
brand of trap it was to treat the cat properly. Her mom only knew it
by the look of the box and my girlfriend does not have an internet
connection yet. So we did a quick google shopping search on the iPhone
and found the trap with-in seconds!**

The iPhone saved that cute and adorable cats life!

Windows mobile hates cats.

**would have been microseconds on 3G

;D