this thing on?

Jay Vaughan EMAIL HIDDEN
Mon Jul 7 10:41:27 CEST 2008

> So what about you, Jay?

Friday night, after the boy and his lovely mother went to bed, I went
to MetaLab for the evening, hacking away on things .. there's a newly
completed RepRap in the 'lab these days, and Marius, one of the uber-
hackers in the hardware side of things at the lab, programmed it to
play melodies, and we got it hooked up to MIDI, tee hee .. some video
of that is around about somewhere.  Very fun to hear the RepRap play
the Imperial March as it prints 3D models of cups and things .. ;)
And even more fun to turn the whole thing into a keyboard-friendly
sound-making machine.  God I love Metalab.

Saturday I spent the day taking care of the lovelies, and then on
Saturday night, off for a jam with Stan, which wasn't nearly as fun as
the Free Party that was going on in the streets outside - was a *huge*
night for parties in Vienna, Saturday - so we checked that out and had
a blast following the sound-trucks around the city, eventually parking
under the Votiv church and blasting hard techno into the Vienna
night .. also, there's gotta be photos' of that around somewhere, but
I dunno ..

Sunday was all-family, all-day, and after some hiccups with our car
(darn battery), we finally got on the road around lunch time and found
a lovely spot on the Donau to set up camp and have a day-long picnic
in the glorious Austrian sunshine, and man .. that was great fun.  We
even saw a snake, it crawled inches away from the boy, who took great
delight in throwing rocks at it, and that was hilarious believe me!
Swam, enjoyed the day, and took the boy on many grand adventures,
skinned knees and all, around the water front ..

And now I'm back at work, running conformance tests on my new ethernet
driver for Tolapai, and dreaming of doing a little hacking on my new
Freerunner as soon as I get the chance ..

;
--
Jay Vaughan