Which one would you pick...

K9 Kai Niggemann EMAIL HIDDEN
Thu Jul 3 13:09:31 CEST 2008

On 3. Jul 08, at 00:13 , Mikael Hansson wrote:

> ...as a group/artist name?

none of them. they sound rather uninspired, like boring oldschool
Cyberaktif type of music...

You need to give it more work. The band name is essential. If I see a
band name that's uninspired, I am not going to even click the myspace
link.

check out booktitles. Look for something new. something where your
friends look at you weird, then smile.

my favorite bandname that is such a terrible match for the music (and
thus fills the name nicely) is Massive Attack. By the name you'd
expect Heavy metal. But they managed to fill the name nicely.

Mispell something. combine languages ("Die Kreuzen"), Repeat a
monosyllabic word ("talk-talk"). Don't copy names that other bands
have used. don't pick a name that starts with an S (even today, you
don't want to be in that link that says "S misc"). But always say it
out loud to yourself and others. If that makes you feel good and
confident, you have found a good name. Make sure people can understand
it on the phone, without you spelling out all the little capitalized
letters inside the word, hyphenations and digits...

Pick up a a (foreign language) dictionary. try the book Word Menu,
look at maps of foreign places. And don't pick a name that means
something "cool" but that noone can pronounce ("Phenylalanine09"??)

use a name that has a meaning to you...

a name.. so important.

;)

Kai