what's cooking?

Gert van Santen EMAIL HIDDEN
Wed Jul 2 23:55:35 CEST 2008

Niall Munnelly schreef:
> On Wed, Jul 02, 2008 at 04:44:00PM +0200, Joost Schuttelaar wrote:
>> Veggie biryani... mmm.
>
> Locally-made pork and wine sausages from down the road,
> served on toast with a smear of homemade harissa.
>
> Harissa:
>
> Blend two large sweet red peppers and one of medium heat
> with a stick blender into a paste.  Stir in plenty of olive
> oil, add coarse-ground salt, black pepper and lime juice to
> taste.  Refrigerate in a sealed jar for two days, allowing
> the ingredients to coalesce into bright red awesomeness.

I make that too, sometimes. Almost the same recipe, but I add red
chilli's for, well, you know... :-)
Sometimes I "experiment" and add garlic and/or cummin and some
cinnamon.

BTW, cinnamon. If you want to give your tomato sauce (esp. in
lasagne and moussaka) an eastern mediterranean taste, add just a
tad of cinnamon. :-)

--

:-)

G e r t  v a n  S a n t e n