Expressiveness (was Software vs. Hardware)

Mikael Hansson EMAIL HIDDEN
Tue Jul 1 09:40:19 CEST 2008

Jay Vaughan wrote:
> Choice 1: Watch some fool work their DAW.
> Choice 2: Watch some dork hack code.
> Choice 3: Watch a hotty make the synth do big things.

Choice 4: *Listen* to some music.

>> You know why the players of the 70's wore capes?  Because they earned
>> them...
> You are my new hero.

This is like deciding which colour is the best...

Some people like to watch someone play an instrument with great skill,
some don't care a bit about the performance.

Some people like to learn to play an instrument with great skill, some
like to focus on composing music.

Some people like to listen to music played by a virtuoso, some people
like to listen to music played by an anti-virtuoso.

For *me* music is about the emotion you create regardless of how skilled
you are at playing an instrument.

Just my 0.01 SEK

/Micke