eee pc .. w00t!

Andy Tarpinian EMAIL HIDDEN
Wed Jan 30 16:25:55 CET 2008

On Jan 30, 2008, at 3:04 AM, Jay Vaughan wrote:

> i put 2 gigs of DDR2 667mhz in mine, and it only saw the first 1gig,
> but thats because of a hard-limit in the Xandros kernel.. I will fix
> it tonight though because i'm building a realtime kernel (its easy
> for me, don't worry i'll share it with you) that has the full 2gigs
> enabled as well as being config'ed to provide the best possible
> response for audio apps .. and btw, don't be scared off by this
> because its very easy to have multiple kernel configs onboard and
> still keep the factory setup.  it'll just be a grub option on mine,
> and sooner or later there will be a pretty nice way to just put
> custom linux configs on the SD card and boot from there - this is a
> fancy option for next week, though.  ;)

cool beans. Yea ars has a nice review of it with a nice little basic
hacking section, I'm definitely going to be turning on the full
desktop as that basic mode kinda erks me from the look of it. Cool
that there is so much stuff hiding under the surface and they did not
lock it down.

http://arstechnica.com/reviews/hardware/eee-pc-review.ars/5