eee pc .. w00t!

Jay Vaughan EMAIL HIDDEN
Wed Jan 30 08:52:21 CET 2008

> I've just had my hands on a real one - ok, it was rather battered
> (half
> the keys missing...), this being Glasgow and the shop being Toys'r'us,
> so I can't really make up my mind on the keyboard. But I was
> positively
> surprised by the display. Not sure if I can justify spending money
> just
> for the fun of it, but I'm close...

i hooked up an emagic mt4 midi interface to mine last night and
jammed with zynaddsubfx and amsynth and sooperlooper on a big piano
controller .. it was awesome.  just worked out of the box, no special
tweaking required.. looks like, for my basic needs, linux audio is
ready for serious consideration.

and i've decided, yes i'm going to sell my macbook .. i don't need it
since i'm not writing any OSX-only software any more, and so .. i'll
just get another linux machine or two, cheap-style, maybe the EEEPC
version 2 when its released in April, or maybe something else ..

;
--
Jay Vaughan