Electricity question

Peter Korsten EMAIL HIDDEN
Wed Jan 30 00:48:38 CET 2008

OK, this is driving me nuts and I need some pointers - specifically from
people in the UK or Ireland ( or anyone who uses type G plugs and sockets).

I need to connect both a washing machine and a tumble dryer to the
mains, but at present, there is only one socket in the washing area. So
we can't use them at the same time.

Now, in the Netherlands, you are required to have separate groups for
the two, which means that the two devices are on different fuses in the
fuse box.

But in the UK and, consequently, Malta, we don't use a spur mains
system, and the fuse is in the plug. So you cannot compare the two
systems, and now I'm wondering what the correct procedure would be. On
the one hand, I would like the laundry to be dry, but on the other hand
I wouldn't the house to burn down.

So, what to do?

Thanks,

- Peter