Controller suggestions

K9 Kai Niggemann EMAIL HIDDEN
Sun Jan 27 23:41:07 CET 2008

Hi gang,

I am looking for unusual performance controllers to use in a very
experimental live setup. They (and their use) should look appealing to
the audience, they should be expressive, yet easy to use and set up
and they should speak MIDI or the HID-protocol through USB.

I am looking for things like the Lemur, except maybe more tangible,
nicer for the audience to look at. Like a Doepfer ribbon controller,
but with more options. Like a Kaospad but with more buttons and
faders. Like a wii-remote that goes beyond theremin and lightsaber --
you get the idea. I am looking for something interesting and new to be
used in a Max/MSP/jitter environment to control all sorts of weird
parameters of audio and video...

if you have any suggestions I'd be glad to check them out, compile
links and images for everyone to look at...

Kai