URLs should look like this ..

Peter Korsten EMAIL HIDDEN
Sun Jan 27 12:38:08 CET 2008

Bill Fox schreef:

> Peter Korsten wrote:
>>>
>> Well, no, you're wrong there. The problem lies in the specific format of
>> a URL, which includes the machine name. I can have www.mydomain.com,
>> mail.mydomain.com, ns1.mydomain.com, etc., if I don't want all tasks to
>> be performed by the same server machine.
> I should have known someone would get all technical on me!  :-)
> BTW, if I know anyone who splits their tasks over two or more servers, I
> don't know who they are.

All large companies, and quite a few of the smaller ones.

But you're right in the sense that it's a bugger. Even the '.com' is
useless. If I want to know stuff about IBM, why should I have to type
'http://www.ibm.com/'?

There should be something better, and in all of those 15 years, nothing
has surfaced so far.

- Peter