Digital Mixers: what have you got your eyes on?

Niall Munnelly EMAIL HIDDEN
Thu Jan 24 10:52:01 CET 2008

On Sun, Jan 20, 2008 at 05:23:40PM -0000, punkdISCO wrote:

> 2) Although it has 8 buses, there are no inserts on them.  Sure, you can use
> the internal compressors on the buses but I never do.

Paul,

Would you elaborate on this further, please?  This is on the
Soundcraft website:

Does 328 feature any inserts?

Yes: analogue insert points are located on each of the
Digital's mono inputs (pre- A/D conversion.) The Digital 328
also has two Dynamics Processors built in, which offer
effects such as compressor, limiter and gate. These can be
internally routed to the Mix bus, to the 8 Groups, or to any
one of the channels.

I read this as saying that there are inserts for individual
inputs, but compressing a mixed signal requires a spare, wet
channel {ooo-er}.  Am I right?

Thanks.

--
Yours,