Digital Mixers: what have you got your eyes on?

Jay Vaughan EMAIL HIDDEN
Mon Jan 21 18:40:34 CET 2008

> A check first: Why digital? If I started all over again and had the
> space and money, I'd probably go for a nice analog desk today (e.g. a
> Soundcraft Ghost or similar). Also, the current crop of analog desks
> with a firewire interface (e.g. Mackie Onyx 1640) look like a nice
> bridge between having the immediacy of an analog mixer for the jam
> sessions, but end up doing a full mix inside the computer.

yeah, i wanna go all-digital just for convenience mostly .. i have to
admit though that in the last 2 days the prospect of just getting a
couple extra firewire audio i/o units - maybe presonus, maybe mackie
- and doing it all in the computer has risen its head.. also the idea
of just chucking in all the hardware lust and going completely and
utterly software too ..

> The Tascam DM series got a bit mixed reviews recently in Sound on
> Sound,
> and they're probably bigger than what you need.

i'm thinking of something like the onyx, that might be nice.  a trip
to the music shop is in order, though, i think .. to get some hands
on and see what i could afford.

;
--
Jay Vaughan