Dollars are cheap

The Dong EMAIL HIDDEN
Mon Jan 21 12:38:01 CET 2008

Mikael Hansson wrote:
> If you would buy a Prophet08 desktop directly from DSI you would get it
> for 1030 euro. Makes my tongue a bit wet...
>
> Does anyone know if you have to pay customs and VAT when importing it to
> the EU, or is it likely that it just slips by?

Things look cheap. But it turns out very expensive.

I once was tempted to buy an expensive DSP system from the US, in the
early stages of my insanity, where it would be cheaper to fly there,
take a few days holiday and sneak it back than to ship it through customs.

These days, you may be dumped with the 'Terrorist Tax' or 'Potential
Drugs Tax' or even the 'I smell a DVD Tax'. It may well be impossible to
just carry stuff on through without someone probing your granny or
tazering your beloved package to silicon hell...

Who knows?

Bloody Intelligence! ;)