Crippled Snow

Jay Vaughan EMAIL HIDDEN
Sun Jan 20 19:19:36 CET 2008

> Access also don't impress me but only because I personally am not
> interested
> in their sound/interface etc.

Doesn't the interface just utterly irk you? It does me. I love my
Indigo2, and I will continue playing it for a long time, but its just
so firkin' annoying that nobody has moved beyond these menu systems
yet ..

> However, one thing that amazes me about Access is their complacency
> to stay
> still.  They have dominated the VA market for so long now, I think
> they
> believe this seals their fate forever.  Clearly this is not the case.

They do.

> I can remember when I used to follow the Access forums (prob 2001
> onwards).
> Back then their was always an air of anticipation as to what was
> the next
> product going to be as they were certainly overdue one.  Maybe a
> sampler?  A
> drum box?  A sequencer? Something completely different?  I think
> Access have
> surprised us all with their response: nothing, this is all there is!

It really and truly is, all there is.  They've lost all lust for
hardware innovation, in my opinion.  There's only one guy there that
is making any serious music, too ..

> Lets hope their business model of 'flogging a dead horse (even more
> than we
> have already)' keeps to work for them..

I don't care any more.  I think the DIY guys are doing far more
interesting things now.  And unless Access make hardware steps in the
near future that *really* push things further, in a fun, creative,
playful way, I don't think I'll be bothered ..

;
--
Jay Vaughan