Quicktime 7.4

komatos EMAIL HIDDEN
Sat Jan 19 15:36:37 CET 2008

On 1/18/08, Andy Tarpinian <evildead at nyc.rr.com> wrote:

> Don't download it. It's broken.
>
> reverting back to 7.3  with pacifist as aftereffects gets an error
> after 10 min like clockwork while rendering
>
> screws up mp4 stuff as well

Does this affect playback of already created files (over 10 minutes in
length) or is this just in relation to the full version that you pay for
when you need to use it for encoding?  Because Software Update already
updated mine to 7.4 and if it's just an encoding problem then that's not a
problem for me since I don't use QT for encoding since a) I don't have
anything to encode at this time and b) I ain't spending the $30 if I don't
need to. :-p  I hope I don't have to bother using pacifist to revert.  Maybe
Apple will have a patch for this bug (I'm sure someone must've reported it
by now) soon enough.

--komatos