Miniversion of Virus TI

Jay Vaughan EMAIL HIDDEN
Tue Jan 15 15:06:59 CET 2008

On Jan 15, 2008, at 3:01 PM, Tony Scharf wrote:
> Ok, so...maybe you can actually explain what this Atomizer thing is?
> it sounds like some kind of automated recycle real time processing
> kind of thing...but does it run as a VSTi (i.e. it will be useless to
> me anyway) or is it something that actually requires the TI hardware?
> the press release left me scratching my head...

They're leveraging the Virus TI VST-interface to act as a platform
for other apps, such as Atomizer .. "Total Integration" is Access'
solution to the 'this once-cool hardware was made obsolete by the
softsynth architecture' problem .. an 'embrace and extension' of the
softsynth mechanics, tied to the hardware.

> The control app sounds like something i've been waiting for.  I was
> always a bit miffed there was no stand-alone application for the TI
> software.

Its only a control panel for handling the patches library onboard and
installing new firmware - it won't actually let you do tweaking of
parameters and such, externally.  For that you'll still need the VSTi
installed and working ..

;
--
Jay Vaughan