Miniversion of Virus TI

Tony Scharf EMAIL HIDDEN
Tue Jan 15 14:55:45 CET 2008

> So, is the TI software still "delicate"? I would have guessed they
> sorted it out by now, after all those initial difficulties.

I bought into the TI, partly because I had been told "it has gotten
much better" and because I no longer used sonar, which has always been
a no no for the virus vsti.  Ive tested it and, depending on the
sequencer, you get different results.  It seems to achieve very low
latency (almost zero) in cubase, but not in much of anything else.  It
also crashes cubase from time to time (ill change a filter setting or
something, here a short buzz and then both the PC and the virus lock)
so Ive given up on it.  I use it only for patch management.  Now that
they are putting out a stand alone app, Ill probably not use the vsti
at all.

I basically use the USB for MIDI and not for any audio.  for that, its
pretty solid.  It also spairs me using the MIDI ports on the desktop
which, for whatever reason, seem to feel cheap and flimsy compared to
other virii Ive owned.

Tony