Production question

Martin Naef EMAIL HIDDEN
Mon Jan 14 10:40:27 CET 2008

Joost,

Joost Schuttelaar wrote:
> Main synth line -> compressor <- sidechain input <- Kick
>                        +--> output :)
>
> I've recently heard that Live 7 is good at this ;)

So is Sonar 7, BTW... I've pretty much finished mixing a couple of songs
for a funk band this weekend. Unfortunately, I was not involved during
the recording, so I had to fix things in the mix that I'd rather fixed
with the mic in the first place, but it was an interesting challenge in
any case. I've used side chaining in various places to great effect, and
also greatly enjoyed the external inserts to patch in my hardware boxes.
I am getting to the point where my old P4 gets a bit stressed out,
though....

Bye
Martin

--