Production question

Gorman, Declan EMAIL HIDDEN
Thu Jan 10 10:10:33 CET 2008

Hey all,
  I am re-visiting a track that I made a while back and have a question
regarding one aspect of it that is bothering me.  The main synth line
which is prominent throughout the track drowns out a lot of the other
sounds when the filter is opened up and while I still want to retain the
dynamics of the sound I don't want it to drown out every thing else.  I
presume I should be using a compressor but as I'm still getting to grips
with compressors I am unsure as to what settings to use.  I could be
wrong so please correct me if I am.

You can download the track from here ->
http://www.degomusic.net/mp3/dego/dego_Rev_It_Up.mp3

Cheers!