Man in Corner : A Live 7 Tune

Mikael Hansson EMAIL HIDDEN
Sat Jan 5 19:54:33 CET 2008

punkdISCO wrote:
> Hey Micke
>
>> I guess using Steinberg Pro24/Cubase since around 1987
>> makes you think about musicproduction in *their* way.
>
> Hehe - I started with the Pro16 in about 1985/86 then onto Cubase.  Once I
> started using Live about 3 years ago, I realised *their* way (Steinberg) was
> the wrong way..  :)
>
> But yeah, it is a different mindset. If you have always filled your bath
> using this:
>
> http://www.mcs.drexel.edu/~crorres/Archimedes/Screw/Perpetual1580.jpg (it
> works and is very clever)
>
> then a tap looks very daunting..

Heh heh... :)

I would probably have to sit down in front of Live with someone who
knows it. I don't think I would have the time to dig in to it just by
myself and a manual.

Probably there's not the technical thingies I found hard to understand
but rather Live's concept of a workflow, which makes doing things as I
use to, very awkward in Live.

/Micke