Happy New Year!

dancingGoat EMAIL HIDDEN
Thu Jan 3 19:05:21 CET 2008

Peter Korsten wrote:
> From: <g.vansanten at chello.nl>
>
>>---- Peter Korsten <peter at severity-one.com> schreef:
>>
>>>Well, it was the year in which we were told that what our little boy has is called "high-functioning autism". It's not this condition I'm worried about, but what will happen when his mummy and daddy can't look after him any longer.

Hi Peter I too am sorry to hear your news, I have a nephew with a similar
condition which has never quite been pinned down. I also work in a mainstream
school with students with similar conditions and my other brother as well as a
close friend work as teachers in special schools with children with very severe
autism. Of course none of this is relevant to you, other than to say that all of
the kids I have met are just great. Yes they are 'different' but they are all a
lot of fun and have a very individual and unique outlook on life. They are also
hard work at times, but still fantastic and lovely people. Don't worry about the
future, there will always be people who care and Jean-Luc will still develop and
grow, the difference now is that he will have to learn how to deal with his own
unique worldview - but you are aware of that from an early age so he wont have
the problems that many have where they are just deemed as difficult for many
years until some enlightened soul actually diagnoses their condition.

Here's to the rest of an interesting journey that you and your family are
already on, I wish you all the best for the future.

Mark