damn sexy cheap modular synth ..

Don't thread on my tentacles, Earthling! EMAIL HIDDEN
Wed Jan 2 18:29:26 CET 2008

Le 2 janv. 08 ? 15:45, Ron West a ?crit :

> my original point was to add a midi port to just have the thing
> playable and able to sync via midi in the same way CV/Gate works. is
> all the above necessary to just have the thing sync?

You still need a PIC chip and its software, with basic MIDI
implementation on it, a slave mode at least. Not everyone can do this
(we are not all developer geeks ;) then the CV circuits to have the
basic control. It's not a 5$ affair.

Maybe with the MIDIbox system it could be made for cheap in DIY, but
not for commercial use. :(

On the commercial point of view, the equation is simple, you had MIDI
(beyond basics), you double the building price. If the MIDIbox system
was licensed, it'd be easier for all analogue manufacturers as it'd
drop the development issues and provide a robust system that works,
right now, each manufacturer has to develop its own software. Then
the price could drop as the cost would be mainly the CV part.

(depressing subject?)

Denis H]
Je hais le ouifi