damn sexy cheap modular synth ..

Don't thread on my tentacles, Earthling! EMAIL HIDDEN
Wed Jan 2 14:49:26 CET 2008

Le 28 d?c. 07 ? 21:07, Ron West a ?crit :
>>> just cv? no midi ports :( ?
>> Add MIDI, double the circuits, double the building price?
> i thought a midi port cost like $5 to add?

if it was only the port?

>> Denis H]
>> Je hais le ouifi
> what is the oufi?

ouifi = wi-fi (just an abuse of the words)

Le 30 d?c. 07 ? 02:38, Bill Fox a ?crit :

> Even if true at twice that price, that would get you the port...
> period.  Converting MIDI input to control voltages and summing them in
> at the right places requires extra hardware and a bit more
> engineering,
> therefore, much more expensive than you imagine.

spot on :(

To explain things in short, it's just like you have to double all the
circuits (meaning ANY MIDI controlled parameter must have its CV
somewhere) where a CV/gate is just simpler. Add the PIC and firmware,
extra holidays on sun bathed beaches, and up your price is
skyrocketting.

A little fun extra is that as you add controlling circuits, you add
noise possibilities (that won't be just possibilities) in the audio
path?

next step, commit suicide :o)

Denis H]
(somehow involved into some analogue gear you know)