Apple Time Machine Not Filling Disk

Andy Tarpinian EMAIL HIDDEN
Fri Feb 29 17:34:10 CET 2008

On Feb 29, 2008, at 11:10 AM, Michael Z. - Noiseconformist wrote:

>>> you re-install Leopard again, then open the TimeMachine drive and
>>> copy your files back ..
>>
>> That sounds pretty lame to me. I thought
>> it was possible to reinstall your drive
>> with one quick "restore"...
>
> I agree!
> Given that many people do customisations on their system, what would
> happen to renamed files, folders, modified links, deleted apps etc.?
>
> Just copying back is not enough, IMO. To much of a mess.

from the apple website, btw when you google time machine apple is the
first link, sorry H.G :)

Migration with style.
To make setting up a new Mac even simpler, Time Machine shares its
data with other Mac utilities. Use Migration Assistant to copy
portions of any TimeMachine backup to a new Mac, or select ?Restore
System from Time Machine? in the Leopard DVD Utilities menu. Choose
any date recorded in Time Machine to set up your new Mac exactly as
your previous Mac was on that date.