Virtualisation

ibi sum EMAIL HIDDEN
Thu Feb 28 10:35:36 CET 2008

I'm using Ubuntu Studio under both a Parallels image and a multi-boot
configuration on my MacBook pro, with 4gigs of RAM and Core2 DUO 2.4ghz..
its a smokin' configuration, I get along with WindowsXP and Ubuntu and OSX
just fine running all at the same time, and I certainly can't recommend the
use of vm images as an effective backup strategy .. whats really great is
how easy it is to 'clone' my UbuntuStudio rig onto another machine and run
it natively .. did this for a PC I'm building for the Metalab media-room,
and it is smooth and easy ..

Haven't bothered to try out VMWare but since there are tools to go from
Parallels->VMWare images and back again easily enough, I might try it out
soon.  In short, virtualization rocks .. and if you need tight/hard real
time, cloning the OS to a native boot option is easy enough ..

;