New MacBook Pro

Ron West EMAIL HIDDEN
Wed Feb 27 21:47:09 CET 2008

>  hmmm spec wise I wonder how much different the previous models were,
>  as far as performance, I can get a Apple refurb Pro 15" 2.4 Core 2
>  Duo, with 2bg RAM and 160GB HDD, with the 256 8600M GT for $1649...

i've been doing alot of reading on this over the last 2 days and it
seems that the previous gen MBP refurbs are going for great prices.
then again i've read that the new clock speeds are minimal but once
programs are written for the new Penryn chip there is supposedly a 40%
performance boost.

>  I mean christ when I think about a tricked out 17" being 3K, thats a
>  lot of clams, I could get an 8core pro for that.

that's one reason why i went for the base model - i'm going to need a
new tower soon (the dual g5 2.7 is showing it's age).

--
Ron

In the past this information has been suppressed, but now it can be told.
Every man, woman, and mutant on this planet shall know the truth about
de-evolution.

http://www.myspace.com/beepmusic
ITMFA