Peak wheat!

Peter Korsten EMAIL HIDDEN
Tue Feb 26 22:56:15 CET 2008

The Dong schreef:

> I think it's ludicrous that there isn't enough market space for both,
> ignoring anti-competitive strategies for a moment...

It's ludicrous that there has been the format war in the first place.
There wasn't one with CD. (Obviously, since it was the first time a
compact, digital disc on the market.)

There wasn't one with DVD either, not in the least because a couple of
big players put on pressure to have just one system and one file system
(contrary to CD, where you have 'books' in all colours of the rainbow).

Nobody *wants* two formats. Not the content producers, because it adds
cost. Not the consumer either, because it adds cost and complexity.

And when it comes down to it, Sony is cool, and Microsoft and Intel
aren't. :)

- Peter